BECOME INVOLVED. Implementing a program where you build relationships by rewarding youth for good behavior is not rocket science. However, you'll have better long-term success if you follow a few steps. Every situation, every community is unique. Adapt the steps to fit your needs.
Step 1: Set Up
1. Understand the underlying principles of Positive Tickets that you must preach and practice.
2. Form partnerships of champions and supporters who can either provide the Positive Tickets or distribute them.
3. Conduct training for the people and partners who will champion and participate in Positive Tickets.
4. Design and acquire the tickets themselves.
Step 2: Roll Out
1. Start off with the end in mind—the ticket is the gateway to the relationship.
2. Manage the media correctly so you get positive press that will support the program.
3. Market the program continuously to keep the message alive.
Step 3: Maintain
1. Maintain the momentum and excitement of the program with your core team, suppliers, distributors, the community in general, and, of course, the kids.
2. Keep score with statistics and measurements so you can share the results of the program and see what's working and what's not.
3. Use the ticket as a springboard to create other preventive partnerships and programs in the community.
Breaking With the Law:
The Story of Positive Tickets Discover the Book
Anyone can give out positive tickets - it does not have to begin with law enforcement
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Youth Crime Going Way Down!
41 % reduction in youth crime in one major city within three years.
Positive Tickets has been a major contributing factor.